Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Merry Christmas! * Frohliche Weihnachten! * Feliz Navidad!

Mele Kalikimaka! Joyeux Noël! Nollaig Shona Dhuit! Buone Feste Natalizie! Merry Keshmish!

Well, you get the idea....

Yes, we got our Yule present early. We are SOOOOO impatient! LOL

K got an award at work so we had an unexpected $1100 in Amazon Gift Cards to spend. (Being in possession of that much in Amazon GC is enough to make any homeschooler shudder with excitement!!!) So we decided to get the cameras we have been eying. (Yes, I said caremas, plural. At least we accept that we don't share well!!)

I have been coveting Carey's DSLR since she got it. I eek out an occasional decent picture with my Sony P&S and every once in a great while I will accidently have a neat effect here and there. But it is kinda hard to plan a particular shot with a P&S, regardless of how nice it is!

Now I just have to figure out how to use the crazy thing. It is one thing to understand f-stop, ISO, shutter speed, etc. It is another thing to actually apply them.

Here are a few pic so far...

1 comment:

Clane said...

Was K playing with his camera as well? I'm not sure that sort of competition would be healthy in this house.