Monday, August 25, 2008

On a positive note...

So my last few posts have been rather whiny so this post will be completely whine free! LOL

Today we actually accomplished the seemingly impossible. The boys completed everything that was on their school list. I had to reallocate several lessons from the past week but, as of those revisions, we are actually NOT behind. This is quite amazing based on our last few months!!

We are starting up archery again this week. I am really excited because it is something Drake and I can really do together. Kyllian tags along because what male doesn't find shooting a bow and arrow fun?? But this is really a Drake 'thing'. He is naturally good at it and it is nice to see him without his nose buried in the computer screen. I probably have a dozen arrows to fletch so I will have my work cut out for me the next couple days. Maybe I will teach Drake how to do it so I don't have to. Nah, that glue is way to messy to clean up! LOL This year we are going to focus a bit more on form and balance. Hopefully his upperbody strength has developed a bit so he will be able to get a full draw this year. Hopefully I won't have to upgrade to a heavier bow! (On the other hand it would be cool to NEED to! LOL)

We have finally dried out from the lovely storm. Yesterday I spent removing old caulk and trying to seal the rotting front door. It will be a few weeks before we can replace it. Mainly because I don't want to do it so we are hiring someone. (I have also discovered I have REALLY expensive taste in doors!)

That means that I will be trying my hand at plumbing! Frightened?? We have a dreadfully leaky faucet that was the next on the list to be replaced. I am confident I can figure out how to switch it out, I just didn't want to! LOL

I know how to install a door and I KNOW I don't want to do that! LOL I really got my fill of home renovations after Frances, so I am leaving the door to someone else! The faucet on the other hand is so minor that I will do it myself.

The back door will be fine once the frame dries out and I can seal it. It was supposedly sealed when we replaced it last year but evidently it was sealed against something other than water! ;) I finished sealing the threshold today. I still have to take some of the wall board down and make sure the insulation didn't get wet but that will wait until this weekend. And hopefully by this weekend I will be able to seal the wood.

Okay, time to conclude this rather long winded post!

ETA: The picture above was actually taken by Kyllian using my cell phone. Mind you, I can't take a decent picture with my phone to save my life!

No comments: