Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What I am reading...

I have a crazy collection of books in my reading pile right now.

For our health and fitness group at church I am reading Nourishing Wisdom: A Mind-Body Approach to Nutrition and Well-Being. I actually haven't started it yet. The description sounds great but I was a little bugged by the review from Dean Ornish. I have DISTINCTLY different views on what constitutes a healthy diet than Dean Ornish does.

I will be taking a break from re-reading a Heinlein book to read the 7 novel compilation of Jules Verne that I picked up last night. Five Weeks in a Balloon will be the first one. It has been forever since I read it and I can barely even remember what it is about.

And of course I will be reading at least two children's books. Again, it has been so long since I read any of the classics (assuming I read them in the first place) that I don't remember a lot of them. On the table right now is Mary Poppins and Stuart Little. Depending on how much time I have I might even try to fit in Redwall. I would love to start picking up more Brian Jacques books but Redwall is the classic so we must start with that.

I also have a few new 'mommy only' books that just came in from paperback swap.

No comments: