Saturday, September 6, 2008

Compassion

How much does it take to have a little compassion for a confused child? Seriously, is it that hard? Is it not a simple gesture to just be present and acknowledge what he is going through? Come on??

I have not been this angry at a single individual in a VERY LONG TIME! It has been so long that I can't even remember who that unfortunate person was. (Oh no, I just remembered! It was in 1991 and that unfortunate person was my ex-father-in-law and he got decked!) And I am not sure I have ever been so mad at someone that I have ACTUALLY thrown something at them, thought about it maybe. (Technically I just threw it in the general direction. Physical contact with the side of this person's thick skull would have been entirely accidental!)

Evidently compassion is just not everyone's 'thing'.

I am not playing the 'peacemaker' or giving the benefit of the doubt that I am famous for on this one. I will hold this grudge for a very long time.

No comments: