Thursday, September 4, 2008

The Great Homeschool Experiment!

I am abandoning all "book" work until the end of the year. We will not be unschooling in the traditional sense (can unschooling and traditional be used in the same sentence?). Instead we are going to focus on World Cultures, Science, Music, Art and Foreign Language. All done in a hands-on/out of the box (box meaning house!) way. Reading and math are going to be the big stress points for me. I will have a hard time letting go of structured math. I will still require regular reading but the books will be of their choosing.

Here's to my insanity! LOL

Carey, feel free to comment. I don't want you to explode! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can, not, type....head, exploded....LOL!

We must figure out how to bribe your children so they NEVER, ever, ever breathe a word of this to my son. You know me and my issues--so not an experiment we will ever attempt. Keep me posted :)

Brooke said...

I am laughing at you both, wait, not at you, but with you. Yeah that's right. With you. Hope things work out for you AM!